Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Golden Foil and Happy 4th!!!

Happy 4th of July! I hope you all are enjoying the fireworks and being safe. I wanted to share my sparkly mani for the day. It's a foil called "Rainbow Swirl" from Dollar Nail Art. This is my first time performing a "foil". Or shall I say my second because I practiced on my daughter's toes, lol.

The application was super easy after I got the hang of it. You have to be careful because if you don't transfer all of the foil you will have bare spots. So to prevent this I used China Glaze 2030 as a base. Overall I'm happy with the results and value of the foil. Its only $1 for a 5 foot role. The only down side is that you must buy at least $25 in goodies. And since everything on the site is $1 you will have a massive quantity of supplies, lol.

Well I have to go watch the fireworks. Have a safe night!











16 comments:

  1. You are the marbling queen!
    Every post is an inspiration.
    Thanks!

    -XoX
    Alexis
    maddesthatters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I have foils, but do you think I have tried them yet!? But I will soon cause you have inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this foil...it looks so pretty on ur gorgeous nails XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never new how foils worked before! Now I want to try it :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Your manis are always so creative =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies.

    I didn't create this one. They're sort of like slap and stick.

    Vibrant I can't wait to see your foil. I only tried it because I saw another nail fanatic with a gorgeous foil :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, very shiny! I might have to add foil to my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found this site as well and have been wanting to try foils~ good to know it can actually be done for $1!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was pretty easy. All you do is apply glue then apply the foil.

    I think it looks better with practice. I'm a newbie so this is the best I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's really pretty! I just started a nail blog a few days ago, check it out if you have time~

    imobsessedwithnails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I discovered foils just now and browsed your blog until the first post. I love the effect (looks great on your nails)...And just saw Dollar Nail Art ships worldwide (here in Italy these foils are not common).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shipping fees for Italy are impossible to bear (34 USD), three times ones for Austria, which is 90 km above my city. Think I'll have to find another supplier ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails