Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Reverse Gradient Nails

I love new nail trends and when I saw this mani for the second time I knew I had to try it out. I first saw the design on a lovely nailboader and then again last night on the T.I & Tiny show. Tiny sported a dark pink mani with a white glitter gradient which was absolutely gorgeous.

I wanted to turn things up a notch so I tried it out over a darker base. The polishes I used were Nubar White Polka Dot and China Glaze Smoke & Ashes.


Excuse the awkward angles of the photos. I had to shoot my right hand because my left hand is under construction right now. Too many nail wraps at the moment :)

These are fun and super easy to do. I love the effect but I'll have to keep practicing to perfect the gradient.

If you know the nailboarder who first performed this design, please let me know so that I can give her credit for her work.

I'm also hosting a Spring Nail Art Contest. I would love to award you with some cool prizes. Click here to enter!



Thanks for stopping by! Have a happy polishing day ;D



24 comments:

  1. So pretty!! I first seen this on MUA awhile ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks RM. Me too! But I can't remember her name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this for new years but it didn't look this pretty!!!!!

    http://onaturnail.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-years-nails.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Black is so bold, but with the gradient it looks almost delicate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Will definitely try this myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kayono. That's what I was thinking. Maybe I should have tried pink instead.

    @KimsKie. Thanks have fun with it.

    @ONaturNail. I just checked it out and yours is pretty also.

    @LaCara. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these too! I did one on my blog in January :) http://nailnetwork.blogspot.com/2012/02/zoya-petra-glitter.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I don't know who did this first, but I remember seeing a bunch of reverse gradients done with glitter last year by Lucy on her blog, Lucy's Stash. Especially with the glitters from the OPI Muppets Collection, when they first came out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you did it, although sponged on tips would also look great! But this reversed version is more interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool trend! I think this is awesome on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love you went with a dark base. I've seen this look a couple of times now and keep saying I want to try it but I haven't yet lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks awesome girl! It's easy enough for me to do, so I must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's gorgeous... it looks sleek and elegant, with just a bit of edginess to it! It definitely softens the black.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks really regal. I love it. I always find black elegant and this reverse gradient just made it even more elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've done a couple reverse gradients using dark colors like this, I LOVE it. I remember first seeing AmyGrace from The Polished Perfectionist doing this, and I was mind blown (that might actually be what I said, lol). Your turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it!! I love black and white/silver!! I'm really getting into the look of gradients but I am not nearly as good at doing them as you are! Lol A very edgy look indeed

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails