Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Julep Modern Beauty - May 2013 Box

Hey Beauties! Today I wanted to share my Julep May box with you. I haven't done a Julep review in a while but I still receive the boxes every month.  This month's box was a little different, in addition to offering nail polish, they are extending their market into the beauty world and offered beauty products this month.

I'm labeled an American Beauty which I believe was switched over to Modern Beauty. The Modern Beauty receives beauty products in addition to nail polish, or just all beauty products alone. I actually meant to switch my box over this month, but I forgot (as usual).  So the box I received had all beauty products. I was debating on trying the lip scrub, so I was still happy with what I got.

First of all, I loved the packaging this month. I thought it was very elegant.  I received the: New York Jazz Trio lipstick minis, Sugar Smooch brown sugar lip scrub and Volumizing Mascara. I also received 4 cute hair clips (not picture).


Here are the products outside of the packaging. The lip scrub really smells like brown sugar. 


New York Lipstick Trio
Tea for Two - nude shimmer lip sheer
 Satin Doll - poppy lip sheer
Lady in  Red - matte crimson

Swatches


I'm still laughing at the fact that Tea for Two didn't show up on me at all! I'll probably use it as a lip moisturizer. Satin Doll is really pretty. Although it's sheer, you can still see the color quite well.  Lady in Red looked very red on me and not crimson. I'll have to play around with these to see how they wear.

I may try to get the Bombshell Box which includes two polishes that I like and the Paris lipstick trio which has a cranberry and bubblegum lip sheer.  Overall I was happy with my box this month. I'm very excited to try out the lip scrub. I think I may have tried one once in my life!




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails