Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

OPI Brazil Spring and Summer 2014 Collection - Swatches and Review



Hello everyone! Today I have the OPI Brazil Collection to share with you. Starting with quick swatches of the Brazil Sands.  All of the polishes were 3 coaters, but the yellow (You're So Flippy Floppy) was surprisingly a 2 coater. They are pretty flat but the colors are still pretty. My favorite is the purple (Somebody Loves Purple).

I Just Can't Cope-acabana is a beautiful canary yellow creme, opaque in 3 coats. This was one of the stand outs in the collection for me.  

Kiss Me I'm Brazilian. I love this one just for the name. A pretty girly pink for the Spring. Opaque in 2 coats. I like here :)

Where Did Suzi's Man-Go? Another pretty color for the spring. I used 3 coats but could have gotten away with 2. I also love this color, maybe not the most unique, but really pretty.

Toucan Do It if You Try. Two coat coral. I'm sorry but my camera is really changing the color here.  Please see the video on this collection for better color accuracy. 

Live Love Carnival. Similar to Toucan but I like it better. My camera is changing the color again but it's more of a hot coral, if that makes since. I know some are in love with this color but the 2 corals are my least favorite from the collection.  

Toucan and Live Love Carnival side by side for comparison. 

Don't Bossa Nova Me Around.  I'm not sure how to describe this color it's light grey with a hint of pink/purple. Very pretty and I think this would look great on most skins tones.  I used 3 coats. 

Taupe-less Beach - Similar to Bossa but 3 to 4 shades darker.  The formula was also slightly thicker and only needed 2 coats. 

I Saa Paulo Over There.  Another great creme that falls in line with Taupe-less Beach. I used 2 coats. 

Next Stop...The Bikini Zone. Grey/violet shimmer finish. I needed 3 coats to make it opaque. In the bottle it almost looks duochrome but sadly it's not.

Amazon...Amazeoff. Gorgeous and absolutely my fave from the collection! This is the most unique to my stash. Be careful because it stains quickly, even when only swatching I got stains. I used 2 coats here. Teal creme with a pearlesque finish.

OPI Scores A Goal! Pretty but not very unique. Almost a dusty burgundy opaque with 2 coats.  

Red Hot Rio. I'm not a fan of red but I really love this. So shiny and sheer it's almost a jelly. I used 2 coats and it has a lot of gloss going on without a top coat. Another fave from the collection.

I like the collection but with the theme being Brazil I would have loved to see a bright green or blue.  The colors in the collection are pretty but with so many cremes, there are probably a lot of dupes out there. Overall I believe everyone can find something they like here. If not for the colors, for the names. OPI really got creative and must have had a blast selecting names for this collection.



The Brazil Collection is available now at retailers that carry OPI. 






~ The Brazil Collection was provided by PR for an honest review ~







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails