Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

OPI Color Paints Swatches and Review


Today I have swatches of the OPI Color Paint collection! They are "blendable" polishes that are supposed to melt easily together, to allow you to use your nails as a canvas and create easy nail art.  They are designed to be applied over a silver base, (which makes the color brighter) but I prefer the jelly-effect and thought I would share what they look like without the silver basecoat.

The colors are really pretty and represent almost every color of the rainbow.  I used 3 coats for each polish except the silver and yellow.  The finish is jelly-ish but not as sheer as a jelly. I was hoping the darker colors would be more sheer but unfortunately they are not.  I may try to make my own sister jellies by mixing with sheer polish.



Indigo Motif

Landscape Artist

Chromatic Orange

Pen & Pink

Purple Perspective

 Magenta Muse

Turquoise Aesthetic

Primarily Yellow

Silver Canvas Base Coat


 I really love the look of Primarily Yellow and Pen & Pink and wish I could achieve the same effect with the darker colors, but they are trickier to work with and can come off patchy or streaky (when trying to achieve a sheer look).  They do look great if wearing as a regular polish though and are extremely shiny.

Overall these are a lot of fun to play with. The colors blend really well together.  It does take some practice to get the hang of using these, the formula is more gooey/sticky than regular polishes.  I was able to create a very easy look by applying a base coat and simply dropping dabs of a second color on top.  



The Color Paint Collection will be available very soon at retailers that carry OPI.












~ Provided by PR for an honest review~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails